Failure to comply with policies and procedures will result in warnings, ejection from the facility and possible suspension or loss of membership. Please review all facility policies listed below.
Campus Recreation has a number of policies in place to ensure that all our visitors and participants experience a safe, secure and welcoming environment. Please click here to find Bellarmine’s list of gender inclusive restrooms.
A. User Conduct
All users are expected to adhere to the policies and procedures approved for the Recreation Center as well as
Bellarmine University rules and regulations. Lack of cooperation in adhering to the rules governing the
center and its programmed activities will result in administrative action and possible disciplinary action,
including removal from the center and or cancellation of use privileges.
B. General SuRF Center Facility Policies
- Only current BU students, faculty, staff, and SuRF members with a valid BU ID have facility access. ID cards are non-transferable and may only be used by their owner.
- Consult a physician prior to engaging in physical activity. BU is not responsible for accidents or injuries that occur. Participants exercise at their own risk and are responsible for their own health and safety.
- Admittance for children under 18 is allowed if they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian, participating in approved BU sponsored camps, or approved by the Director of Campus Recreation. No children under the age of 18 are allowed to use the fitness equipment.
- Use of tobacco, alcohol, and/or drugs is strictly prohibited.
- No food or chewing gum is permitted in fitness area or SuRF Center
- Appropriate athletic attire must be worn at all times. Clothing must be free of zippers and metal studs that can puncture upholstered pieces of equipment. Jeans are not allowed, shirts must be worn, and shorts must be an appropriate length.
- Athletic shoes must be worn at all times. Sandals, open toed shoes, or non-athletic shoes may not be worn. Muddy or dirty shoes are not permitted.
- Profanity or excessively loud/suggestive language is prohibited.
- BU is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Secure all personal items in lockers with locks provided.
- Wipe off equipment with provided gym wipes after every use.
- For the consideration and hygiene of others, please do not spit in drinking fountains or on courts.
- Injuries, accidents, or equipment failures must be reported to the staff. It is recommended that you carry proper identification with you at all times in the case of an emergency.
- Flyers and signs must be approved by the Director of Campus Recreation prior to posting.
- Animals are not permitted except with the express consent of the Director of Campus Recreation or the purpose of aiding persons with disabilities.
- Use of bikes, strollers, rollerblades, and skateboards are prohibited inside the recreation center.
- Inappropriate use of equipment and horseplay is not permitted.
- University facilities are not to be used for private gain. This includes any private coaching, personal training, lessons, etc. that are not BU sanctioned.
- The use of the facility is considered a privilege. Participants are asked to respect the rights of other participants and display good sportsmanship and manners. Those who do not follow established rules may be removed from the facility and have their privileges revoked.
- The Department of Campus Recreation reserves the right to change and modify facility hours, equipment, policies, and procedures at any time.