Bellarmine University's sixth annual Day of Giving
broke every previous record for the 24-hour online giving event.
New records set in 2019:
- 1,155 gifts (our goal was 650 & previous record was 639)
- gifts from 50 states (previous record: 47)
- gifts from 12 nations (previous record: 1)
- $356,001 raised (previous record: $306,751)
"The world needs what Bellarmine has to offer," said Dr. Susan M. Donovan, Bellarmine's president. “Our unprecedented Day of Giving success this year shows that our community understands the value of making a Bellarmine education possible for more
students, and they’re excited about our vision to grow and enhance Bellarmine, both regionally and residentially. Thank you to everyone who supported our record-breaking Day of Giving this year.”
This year, a new athletics challenge allowed the community to give directly to their favorite Bellarmine University Athletics programs. Challenge grants of $2,500 were awarded to the men’s and women’s teams receiving the most total gifts and
the most dollars during the Day of Giving. The winners:
- Women’s Volleyball - most gifts (122)
- Women’s Tennis - most dollars ($8,514)
- Men’s Lacrosse - most gifts (69) and most dollars ($10,104)
This year's day of giving took place over 24 hours, from noon on April 16 to noon on April 17.
Over the past six years, alumni, students, employees, parents and friends have joined together to raise more than $1.3 million for student scholarships and other pressing university needs through 3,769 individual gifts during Bellarmine’s online
Day of Giving.