Medical Laboratory Sciences Pride Points
Karen Golemboski (email@example.com)
- 100% employment; most have job offers before graduation.
- 100% graduation rate.
- Certification exam pass rates above the national average.
- One of only six entry-level MLS master’s degree programs in the country.
- Annual inter-professional participation in a local community diabetes education program (Active Steps).
- 560 (or more) clinical hours in six laboratory disciplines.
- Opportunity for research projects in bioinformatics.
- Dr. K. Golemboski is a member of the national ASCLS Patient Safety Committee.
- Dr. Chatterjee is a member of the 2020 ASCLS Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Nursing Pride Points
Kim Hawkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Heather Owens (email@example.com)
- NCLEX-RN pass rates among BSN graduates, and certification rates among FNP graduates, are consistently above the national average.
- The Second-Degree Accelerated BSN Program is offered in 3 formats (12-month, 24-month, & 36-month) designed to meet the needs of all students.
- Graduate programs are innovatively designed in an online format with intensive on-campus experiences for FNP students.
- Undergraduate and graduate students participate in inter-professional learning activities involving athletic training, exercise science, physical therapy, respiratory therapy and PharmD students, in both the simulation lab and community settings.
- Newly expanded state of the art simulation laboratory.
- Faculty-led study abroad opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- The Bellarmine Association of Nursing Students (BANS) is active in local and regional policy and community service initiatives.
- Faculty members certified as nurse practitioners maintain active practice roles in a variety of inpatient and outpatient settings.
- All undergraduate and graduate students complete a capstone project in collaboration with healthcare leaders to implement evidence-based practice and quality improvement projects across the region.
- BSN Students take nursing courses during their freshman year and complete more than 700 clinical hours with varying patient populations including medical/surgical, intensive care, pediatrics, obstetrics, psychiatric mental health, and community.
- FNP students complete more than 720 hours of clinical experience across varying patient populations including primary care, pediatrics, and women’s health.
- The scholarly products of nursing faculty are diverse and are frequently presented at national peer-reviewed conferences and published in peer-reviewed journals and textbooks.
- All undergraduate and graduate students are paired with a nursing faculty advisor whose role is to guide students through the academic process and partner with students on scholarly projects, publications, and presentations.
- Dr. Kathy Hager is the Immediate Past-President of the Kentucky Nurses Association (KNA).
Respiratory Therapy Pride Points
Christy Kane (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The undergraduate program was awarded Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care’s (COARC) Distinguished RRT Credentialing Success for five consecutive years from 2013-2017.
- College Choice ranked the Bellarmine University Respiratory Therapy program as the #1 in the nation in 2018.
- The entry-level Respiratory Therapy graduate program is one of six in the nation.
- Graduates of all programs demonstrate a high employment rate upon degree conferral.
- Students exhibit credentialing success higher than the national average.
- The respiratory care student organization is involved in community service events.
- Recently, students attended national and regional respiratory care conferences.
- Students earn Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certifications and are eligible for Neonatal Resuscitation Program and Pediatric Advanced Life Support certifications prior to degree completion.
- Students complete more than 800 hours of clinical experience across varying patient populations through Intensive Care Unit, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Room, sleep laboratory, home care, pulmonary clinic, and trauma center experiences.
- Dr. Christy Kane, Department Chair, was awarded an American Association of Respiratory Care Fellowship in 2016, an honor awarded to respiratory therapists reaching a level of distinction in the professional practice of respiratory care.
- Dr. Christy Kane, Department Chair, is acting President-Elect for the Coalition for Baccalaureate and Graduate Respiratory Therapy Education (CoBGRTE) to continue her work toward advancement of respiratory care education.
- All students complete a capstone project in collaboration with hospital leaders to implement evidence-based practice and quality improvement projects at local medical institutions.